Could not open location or other windows.

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Could not open location or other windows.

Post by bambooweb »

I got a new computer and it works great but I noticed that in IE8 the location button would not work and some windows would not open on other websites. Everything would work in Firefox but I wanted to test the site with both programs. The error message in IE said "cannot open an anonymous level security token". The microsoft technet site had this helpful information.
User Action:

Contact the supplier of the running application. A general workaround, if the application interface allows it, is to avoid trying to open the anonymous token, or to specify a higher level of impersonation for the client program.
I did find the solution to the problem if anyone else has the same problem.
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums ... 0a957d701a
Type "dcomcnfg" at the run prompt, expand "Component Services" and right-click on the "My Computer" to get to properties. From there choose the "Default Properties" tab and change the default authentication level to "Connect" and the Impersonation level to "Identify".
Bill
mantis
Location info: 22

Re: Could not open location or other windows.

Post by mantis »

Now that you have those two browsers running you can start playing with Chrome. Chrome is a memory hog, but it is great because each tab runs independently of all others (kinda like it's own browser), so if a web site crashes you just close that tab, and all other tabs are unaffected. Plus you get "Incognito" mode where it won't save anything to your computer (cache, history, etc.). I was reluctant to use Chrome because of its lack of plugins, but the latest beta version has started implementing plugins, so I once again have Ad Block Plus. 8)

/google sales pitch.

:laughing1:
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

I do have chrome installed on a couple of the computers that I use but other than checking out how a site looks using it I have not played with it much.

Bill
mantis
Location info: 22

Post by mantis »

This morning I was trying to change my Google password, and it told me I wasn't using a Google supported browser. I had to exit Chrome and open Firefox to get it to work. :geek:
bambooweb
Site Admin

Post by bambooweb »

mantis wrote:This morning I was trying to change my Google password, and it told me I wasn't using a Google supported browser. I had to exit Chrome and open Firefox to get it to work. :geek:
So google's browser will not work on google and microsoft's browser will not work in windows. :roll: Has anyone heard of testing with their own products.

Bill