Bad day

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

Bamboo Outlaw
Location info: 0
Location: We are less than one hour south of downtown Houston. We are located in Wild Peach, Texas located half way between Brazoria and West Columbia. Exit hwy 36 onto County Road 354. Take County Road 353 west . Go approximately 2.4 miles. We are on the left.

Bad day

Post by Bamboo Outlaw »

I really do need some spring. I was out hauling bamboo in the rain and crushed the trucks passenger side mirror into a tree. Damn near as exciting as realizing I left the sizzors in my back pocket after sliding all around the leather seats just after the mirror excitement. I am depressed. :(
Steve Carter
Carter Bamboo
http://www.carterbamboo.com

cell (979)665-1897
Brazoria, Texas
mantis
Location info: 22

Re: Bad day

Post by mantis »

:cussing: That sucks.
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Post by ghmerrill »

I always have things like that happen to me to... one thing happens on accident, then you end up with two or three other things because of the adrenaline and your mind being on something else...

blowout on the freeway in wifes van, only to find the spare is flat too... then after unloading luggage and such, and finding that out, and finally getting a ride to someplace to get a tire fixed (ever try getting a tire repaired someplace along the freeway at 9pm?- doesnt happen) so after buying a NEW tire, having it mounted on the old rim (but they wouldnt fix the old one???) and getting a ride back to the van, then puting said tire on, loading luggage, and driving off....
and some hours later finding out your left luggage behind....
then some days later, finding you left the jack behind....

yep, my friend, I can feel your pain!
moriphen
Location: Southern New Jersey 7b about 5 mins from Philadelphia, PA

Post by moriphen »

I myself have had a bad Monday nothing nearly bad as what you gents have experienced but nonetheless I should share. My company lives on blackberries, calls are competed and accepted, parts are ordered and returned, common fixes are displayed and found and we gain entry with valid tickets. To have our blackberries fail means a early day for most of us. Today the back end enterprise server was down the entire day and our phone system went down within a few hours. I didn't know where to go and what keys to use. If I found out where I was supposed to be, I usually had to social engineer my way past front desk personal or security Then I had to fix devices without full access which never goes well; but like I said no where near as awful as your stories.

M
M
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by foxd »

I spent a good portion of last week dealing with AT&T, both at home and for a local business. Their business plan seems to be to talk the customer into destroying their wiring and then charging to have a repair person come in and fix it. The actual problem may never get fixed this way, but they make money.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
marcat
Location info: 28

Post by marcat »

Heck Steve if you and Mantis do show up this wekend after seeing my place you aught to cheer up. It is really depresing around here. My best Queen with more than ten feetof trunk might have bit the dust. I started her from seed. Of course all the bamboo have defoliated or died except the multiplex and the look like S---.
MarCat
PS guess what Steve it aint a new truck any more....(thats from Cat)
Bamboo Outlaw
Location: We are less than one hour south of downtown Houston. We are located in Wild Peach, Texas located half way between Brazoria and West Columbia. Exit hwy 36 onto County Road 354. Take County Road 353 west . Go approximately 2.4 miles. We are on the left.

Post by Bamboo Outlaw »

You are rubbin it in aren't ya? :evil:

Plan is still on assumin I get back Friday night. Can't imagine not.
Steve Carter
Carter Bamboo
http://www.carterbamboo.com

cell (979)665-1897
Brazoria, Texas
marcat

Post by marcat »

Now that was from Cat. She said the samething to me when I got my first ding in my truck.
MarCat
marcat

Post by marcat »

Outlaw this aught to cheer you up. Took a closer look at my Boo and found some new growth starting on a few. Oh and one of my Spanish Dagger Yuccas has started to bloom. First sign of the Begining of spring.Next should be the Hueisach(sp) blooming but I am really waiting for the Mesquite. When it blooms no more cold events period.
MarCat