New additions to my grove!

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

bigone5500

New additions to my grove!

Post by bigone5500 »

Thanks to Steve Lau, I now have two Moso plants in my grove. I planted them by digging a hole and filling it with manure to half way. I then pressed the manure to the sides of the hole and inserted the plant. After that I scraped the manure to around the roots and then filled the hole with top soil and a layer of manure then watered it. I mulched it to about 30" around it and put up a wabbit bawwier (Elmer Fudd)...

The trip from Rochester to Minden was pretty decent to the plants as I thought there would have been more abuse than there was evident. The taller one suffered bent culmitis but is expected to make a recovery.

Thanks Steve!
stevelau1911
Location info: 42

Re: New additions to my grove!

Post by stevelau1911 »

I'm glad they made it there in one piece. It will be interesting to see how they will compare to my existing plants in a couple months. I might be putting a few in the ground once the soil is a bit drier just to see how they perform.

With access to a mature grove of henon, you could probably trade divisions to get many more boos. I'm pretty sure someone on this forum needs some henon.
Iowaboo
Location info: 32

Re: New additions to my grove!

Post by Iowaboo »

Awesome, hopefully more people that can grow the giant bamboo, will do it.