David - you alright?

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

Matt in TN
Location info: 82

David - you alright?

Post by Matt in TN »

I bet that nice little creek you have turned into a raging river over the weekend. Did you take any damage, or is the worst of it still west of you?

I hope you and your family (bamboo included!) weathered the storm and floods OK -

Matt
"The Way is in training" - Miyamoto Musashi
David
Location info: 30
Location: Middle Tennessee (Murfreesboro) USDA Zone 6b/7a Record low Jan 1966 -14*F Frost free April 21-Oct.21

Re: David - you alright?

Post by David »

Thanks for asking Matt. We are fine and as you know our house is on a hill so no problems at the house. The bamboo is another story with lots of damage to the smaller boos, and trees down everywhere. I am not complaining because so many others lost family and homes, so pretty minor stuff for us.

Regards,

David
David Arnold
Middle Tennessee Bamboo Farm
USDA zone 6b
Matt in TN
Location info: 82

Post by Matt in TN »

Glad to hear it wasn't worse. At least the downed trees will bring more sunshine to your bamboo!

I was actually thinking of the vivax grove that saved a house near you from the tornado, and wondering what magical work the bamboo did to redirect the flood. :mrgreen:

May your cleanup be easy and your bamboo recover quickly!
"The Way is in training" - Miyamoto Musashi
David
Location info: 30
Location: Middle Tennessee (Murfreesboro) USDA Zone 6b/7a Record low Jan 1966 -14*F Frost free April 21-Oct.21

Post by David »

The mature culms trapped a lot of debris, but the new shoots were cannon fodder; mowed down in the prime of life.
David Arnold
Middle Tennessee Bamboo Farm
USDA zone 6b