ID this weed please

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

bigone5500

ID this weed please

Post by bigone5500 »

I have an abundance of these weeds all around my bamboo. They seem to take over. I pull them up all the time.
Weeds-5617-2.jpg
Alan_L
Location info: 81

Re: ID this weed please

Post by Alan_L »

foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by foxd »

It looks like Carolina geranium to me too. I found one growing last year and had to find out what it was.

I also found a Celandine poppy growing in a pot during the Winter. I saved it because I wasn't sure what it was at the time. Anybody want it?
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
bamboothew
Location info: 0

Post by bamboothew »

How timely! I was out in my yard just yesterday wondering what those were. They seem to be taking over any spot that has been tilled or disturbed in any way. They are all in my herbs and my cacti. Never noticed them in such abundance before. At least they are easy to pull. Mine even seem to be out-competing the cow vetch this year :) Hopefully we can get them all pulled before they decide to flower and seed...
God Bless,

Matthew

===============================

Genesis 2:8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there He put the man whom He had formed.
bigone5500

Post by bigone5500 »

I don't like them...I'm gonna get rid of all I can...and any that re-appear.
foxd

Post by foxd »

bigone5500 wrote:I don't like them...I'm gonna get rid of all I can...and any that re-appear.
http://plants.usda.gov/java/profile?symbol=GECA5

It is native, can be weedy or invasive and a couple of states list variants of it as endangered. :?
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
bigone5500

Post by bigone5500 »

foxd wrote:
bigone5500 wrote:I don't like them...I'm gonna get rid of all I can...and any that re-appear.

It is native, can be weedy or invasive and a couple of states list variants of it as endangered. :?
They're 'in danger' alright!!! I bet there is at least 100 sq. ft. right next to my bamboo alone.
bamboothew

Post by bamboothew »

bigone5500 wrote:
foxd wrote:

They're 'in danger' alright!!! I bet there is at least 100 sq. ft. right next to my bamboo alone.
The ones in my yard are definately endangered :evil:
God Bless,

Matthew

Genesis 2:8 And the Lord God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there He put the man whom He had formed.
bamboothew

Post by bamboothew »

Bigone, you could always start a mint collection under your bamboos to choke out the geraniums :D
God Bless,

Matthew

foxd

Post by foxd »

Wild violets, wild strawberries or creeping Charlie would also work. :)
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

bamboothew

Post by bamboothew »

foxd wrote:Wild violets, wild strawberries or creeping Charlie would also work. :)
Indeed they would: my parents actually have wild violets and creeping charlie (we call it ground ivy) planted as groundcovers, and they really do take over. That's not to mention the butterfly bushes, mint, a trumpet vine, and wisteria--I guess a love for everything just a bit too vigorous runs in the family :D The only one they regret planting is the wisteria: what a thug that one is in this area! Strangely, they think I'm a nut for planting bamboo :o
God Bless,

Matthew

brisscoss

Post by brisscoss »

I have see this weed ever. I think you should put this weed & take it too the nearest nursery to identify this weed..

www.tpknotweed.com