Has anyone ever tried Atomic grow?

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

stevelau1911
Location info: 42

Has anyone ever tried Atomic grow?

Post by stevelau1911 »

After looking through many plant enhancing products, I came across something called atomic grow which is supposed to increase the vascular efficiency of the plants and after looking through a few youtube videos, and the internet, it sounds like it might be something that produces results. The idea is that making the photosynthesis + CO2 intake more efficient, the plant can use more fertilizer as energy is produced faster.

Here's a video.

Has anyone ever tried this stuff before?

I'm not sure if it can have much of an if it is sprayed onto bamboos if their leaves don't absorb moisture, but if its claims are legit, then plants such as fruit trees, blueberry bushes and any fast growing vegetables should benefit from the use of this.

http://www.tomatoville.com/showthread.p ... 663&page=5

There are those that it hasn't worked for and this product can supposively cause leaf burn on tender plants.
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Re: Has anyone ever tried Atomic grow?

Post by ghmerrill »

I think it sounds like another product that promises a "miracle"

Remember when you first got in to bamboo, and were sure that by spraying your plants with that anti desiccant, that you could over winter less hardy bamboos?
stevelau1911
Location info: 42

Re: Has anyone ever tried Atomic grow?

Post by stevelau1911 »

I found that anti-dessicants like wilt pruf helped to prevent the leaves of moso seedlings from curling over summer when applied in a low concentration, but they did nothing in preventing leaf burn from the cold on juvenile bamboos going onto their first or second winters. A layer of plastic as thin as that from a trash bag, or painters plastic that completely blocks out the wind gets the job done a lot better.

I'm also thinking there's no way this product works as well as it claims to, but if I try it on some fast growing crops that I have plenty of like garlic, then I should be able to tell if it works or not very easily if I try it only on one bed of garlic. It's still pretty expensive when it cost over 21$ for a tiny 8oz bottle. The people in all the testimonial videos were also likely paid by the company to make them as an advertising campaign so I'm doubting that it works nearly as well as advertised.

As far as bamboos, the only things that do seem to have pretty consistent results when tested on moso seedlings is milorganite where a 40lb bag can go for under $10 when it is on sale in the spring at Lowes.