Lowest temperatures for winter of 2011/2012

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

oZmonKey
Location info: 0

Re: Lowest temperatures for winter of 2011/2012

Post by oZmonKey »

From a weather-station down the road a ways:

Temperature: High: 85.0 °F Low: 13.0 °F Average: 41.8 °F

I used times for winter proper (Dec 22 - March 20)

I really want my own weather station. I dig the historical data and want to compare my readings with nearby weather stations.
jd.
Location info: 0

Post by jd. »

The past winter here was unusually mild. Low temperatures never once dropped below zero (-17° C) even in January!
The three lowest recorded temperatures on three separate days were 3°, 6° and 6° F. Apparently winter decided to skip two zones for the warmer. :)

Perhaps more importantly for the bamboo, daytime highs never dropped below freezing for more than four days in a row.
Instead of suffering the usual top kill, several bamboo plants here emerged from the winter with partially green leaves even to the top branches. :D
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by foxd »

We never even got down to the single digits last Winter. Almost all of the bamboo here held their leaves except for the Pleioblastus kongosanensis 'Aureostriatus' (which seems to be deciduous) and the Bambusa ventricosa (which topkilled).
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.