Happy Anniversary

Anything that does not fit in another Forum...

Moderator: needmore

Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Re: Happy Anniversary

Post by Roy »

bambooweb wrote::occasion9: This post has rolled off of the GardenWeb Bamboo Forum but I still have a copy. :occasion7:
bamboopeople phoenix
Posted by Bamboonut 7b Atlanta on Fri, May 21, 04 at 1:33

hosier52: "I had posted some data to bamboopeople before the meltdown and I'd like to see a new incarnation of it someday"
I looked back through my emails and I found a bunch of emails dated in March of 2003 between the fishmonger and myself. (Those emails would make the discussions between George Shor and myself seem like 2 babies babbling to each other). From reading the emails, the fishmonger seemed to be a stable and accommodating person on Bamboopeople.com, but when he started up the forum (IBL--Internet Bamboo L..??), that's when the dual personality came forth and things started to heat up and the meltdown had its initial beginnings.

And out of chaos, a new Order emerged: Bambooweb.info :D
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by bambooweb »

kstanwick wrote:Hi
Bill
I got a message in my email...It certainly has been a while since my last visit.....seems I am busier and busier with less time on a computer, even though I am on one all day....just in a diff capacity. can't believe it's been 5 yrs..seems almost a lifetime ago.....Anyway, I will try and get back hear more often. BTW, boos are doin OK so far. long cold winter hit everything pretty hard this year. i just cut back all of my arrow, ....dulcis and black are all dead but i see a few shoots coming up....

cheers

Kurt
Kurt,
Good to see you checking in. Things keep changing here so hopefully you can stop in more often.
Bill
bambooweb
Site Admin
Location info: 1
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Post by bambooweb »

Roy wrote:I looked back through my emails and I found a bunch of emails dated in March of 2003 between the fishmonger and myself. (Those emails would make the discussions between George Shor and myself seem like 2 babies babbling to each other). From reading the emails, the fishmonger seemed to be a stable and accommodating person on Bamboopeople.com, but when he started up the forum (IBL--Internet Bamboo L..??), that's when the dual personality came forth and things started to heat up and the meltdown had its initial beginnings.

IBL=Internet Bamboo List.

To me the funniest thing thing that KarpKeeper did was to put posts on Bamboopeople using one of his other email addresses saying how great his website was then he would reply as KK and thanked himself for the compliment. I know I have two accounts here but I do not use them to talk to myself (yet). :lol:

Bill
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Post by ghmerrill »

Roy wrote:
bambooweb wrote::occasion9: This post has rolled off of the GardenWeb Bamboo Forum but I still have a copy. :occasion7:
bamboopeople phoenix

hosier52: "I had posted some data to bamboopeople before the meltdown and I'd like to see a new incarnation of it someday"
I looked back through my emails and I found a bunch of emails dated in March of 2003 between the fishmonger and myself. (Those emails would make the discussions between George Shor and myself seem like 2 babies babbling to each other). From reading the emails, the fishmonger seemed to be a stable and accommodating person on Bamboopeople.com, but when he started up the forum (IBL--Internet Bamboo L..??), that's when the dual personality came forth and things started to heat up and the meltdown had its initial beginnings.

Roy, are you infering that there may be someone out there who finds you less than agreeable on some subject matter??? :lol:
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Post by Roy »

ghmerrill wrote:
Roy wrote:
bamboopeople phoenix

Roy, are you infering that there may be someone out there who finds you less than agreeable on some subject matter??? :lol:
I would say "differences in opinions on certain subject matters". Beat me over the head with facts and prove me wrong, then I'll thank you for it and treat it as a learning experience on my part and I'll be happy I learned something new. I don't respect the "just because I said so" answer. Only my boss has that privilege.

Once you think you know something as a fact, then that's the time to start questioning whether or not that "fact" is indeed a "fact" in all cases. You learn a lot more that way.
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
dudley
Location info: 44
zone 9a/b
right between too cold & not cold enough

Post by dudley »

well said sensei roy. you are a wise man.
"Plants are people just like us"
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Post by ghmerrill »

Roy wrote:
ghmerrill wrote:
Roy wrote:
bamboopeople phoenix

I would say "differences in opinions on certain subject matters". Beat me over the head with facts and prove me wrong, then I'll thank you for it and treat it as a learning experience on my part and I'll be happy I learned something new. I don't respect the "just because I said so" answer. Only my boss has that privilege.

Once you think you know something as a fact, then that's the time to start questioning whether or not that "fact" is indeed a "fact" in all cases. You learn a lot more that way.
When I first found BambooCraft online, I started posting like most newbies, and will never forget the argument I almost got into with Brad about something... he posted a comment, and I had not expirence that... so I was going to say, "nope, your wrong", then decided to keep my big mouth shut... I have managed to put a foot or two in it more often than is comfortable. then I found out he might actually know something about bamboo :shock:

I would have come off looking like the prize fool :drunken: :bom: :blackeye:

fortunately, I have learned that even when Im sure Im right, someone might have information I dont, and I could be wrong! :oops:

I think that learning to say nothing about something so you dont misspeak is a valuable asset for those entering politics- perhaps I had better consider a career change! :mrgreen: