Guadua angustifolia 'bicolor'

Moderator: needmore

guadua
Location info: 0

Guadua angustifolia 'bicolor'

Post by guadua »

I have a large 7 gallon for trade. I know it's kinda big to ship, but might bare root ok. This was a piece of rhizome that was sticking a foot or two in the air after the hurricanes uprooted my clump. It has two long rhizomes growing on either side of it. I just snipped it, but it has roots and has a nice rhizome. So it might be easier to ship now before it gets a lot of roots. I'm looking for Dendrocalamus Giganteus "Quail Clone", D. minor or D. minor amoenus....

guadua

RE: Guadua angustifolia 'bicolor'

Post by guadua »

No takers for the guadua ??? I have a few small clumps of FREE Bambusa ventricosa if anyone close by wants some. If you want the whole clump and have a bobcat, you can have the whole thing for free and I'll pay you to take it haha...
wfoster

Post by wfoster »

what part of Jupiter are you located? I live in north Florida but i am from Jupiter, its tempting to take a trip down their for some free boo and tour my old stomping grounds.
guadua

Post by guadua »

I'm out in Jupiter Farms. I have a small but tall clump of B. vulgaris I'd like to get rid of. Plus a larger clump of B. vulgaris vittata that needs to go. I think the b. vulgaris might make a nice freeze dried yard ornament in north florida though. I want to plant more dendrocalamus and guadua species for timber and need more room.
wfoster

Post by wfoster »

That's around the same location i used to live off of Jupiter farms road across from Burt Reynolds ranch.

I like the imagery of the "freeze dried yard ornament", it does drop to 32 some times in my location several times in the winter but but only for a few hours in the early morning. I know some palms that i have survive as to some large elephant ears. But their is always that chance of loosing it.

I think B. vulgaris is hardy to 30?