Have phyllostachys nigra seeds for trade

Moderator: needmore

jaycrow
Location info: 0

Have phyllostachys nigra seeds for trade

Post by jaycrow »

To my surprise, I noticed a week ago that a small phyllostachys nigra I have in my backyard has gone to seed. If you don't believe me, hopefully these pictures I posted to the photo section will convince you

I don't have much experience growing any plants in general from seed, and I didn't think I would have much luck with these, so I thought I'd see if anyone would be interested in trading the seeds for a small section (rhizome + a few culms) of a bamboo that I don't have yet. The more interesting the better.

Right now the bamboo I have are:
Phyllostachys nigra (obviously)
Phyllostachys aurea
Bambusa multiplex "Tiny fern"
Bambusa multiplex "Alphonso Karr"
Bambusa multiplex "Riviereorum"
Pleioblastus pygmaeus
Shibataea chinesis
Buddha Belly

Just email me if you're interested in exchanging. I'm not exactly sure how long it will be before the seeds will be ready, because I'm not going to remove them until either they're loose or start falling off (or both). I'm also willing to be flexible about shipping costs, since shipping a plant would be more expensive than shipping seeds.
cngodles
Location info: 0
Zone 5B

RE: Have phyllostachys nigra seeds for trade

Post by cngodles »

I've got seeds for:

P. Hetroclada
Moso
D. Strictus

Probably more too, but I really can't think of what I've got now. I have been able to get all 3 of these to come up and thrive.
http://bamboo.statedirt.com
Feel free to contribute to my bamboo wiki.
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Re: Have phyllostachys nigra seeds for trade

Post by Roy »

jaycrow wrote:To my surprise, I noticed a week ago that a small phyllostachys nigra I have in my backyard has gone to seed. If you don't believe me, hopefully these pictures I posted to the photo section will convince you

I don't have much experience growing any plants in general from seed, and I didn't think I would have much luck with these, so I thought I'd see if anyone would be interested in trading the seeds for a small section (rhizome + a few culms) of a bamboo that I don't have yet. The more interesting the better.

Right now the bamboo I have are:
Phyllostachys nigra (obviously)
Phyllostachys aurea
Bambusa multiplex "Tiny fern"
Bambusa multiplex "Alphonso Karr"
Bambusa multiplex "Riviereorum"
Pleioblastus pygmaeus
Shibataea chinesis
Buddha Belly

Just email me if you're interested in exchanging. I'm not exactly sure how long it will be before the seeds will be ready, because I'm not going to remove them until either they're loose or start falling off (or both). I'm also willing to be flexible about shipping costs, since shipping a plant would be more expensive than shipping seeds.
Richard Waldron seed collection method:

--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST