Anyone know where I can find...

Moderator: needmore

CJ_IS_HERE
Location info: 0

Anyone know where I can find...

Post by CJ_IS_HERE »

Bambusa Tuldoides - Ventricosa Kimmei - My Regular Buddhas need a friend :-)
Anyone can help me out... thanks
Blessings,
CJ
New business Venture
come take a look
www.2plus7.com/CJClute
CJ_IS_HERE

RE: Anyone know where I can find...

Post by CJ_IS_HERE »

Is this one that hard to locate? wow... anyone?
Blessings,
CJ
New business Venture
come take a look
www.2plus7.com/CJClute
boonut
Location info: 20
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

Post by boonut »

Both are plentiful in Texas. You can also order those just about anywhere... I would start with Jim Bonner at Bamboo Plantation.
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

http://www.boonut.com
CJ_IS_HERE

Post by CJ_IS_HERE »

Thanks...will look into that. Guy on Ebay is selling a bunch... but dont know if hes worth the effort. heard too many horor stories
Blessings,
CJ
New business Venture
come take a look
www.2plus7.com/CJClute
mantis
Location info: 22

Post by mantis »

I have one that I was going to send Bill, but then it put up two huge shoots, so I am waiting until they branch out, then I'm going to divide and send one of them to Bill. The other I'll put in the ground.

I can't believe how early it put up shoots this spring. It definitely surprised me. Like boonut said, it definitely isn't rare.
fredgpops
Location: plus 700ft in the Santa Cruz Mtns, 8 miles from the Pacific
35 miles S. of San Jose

Post by fredgpops »

Jim Bonner is a good suggestion. He's fairly close to you so ship cost won't eat you alive. His prices seem good as well. I bought 2 plants from him ref the ABS spring auction but they are still in-transit so I can't speak about quality. My kimmie came from Texas and has done real good. My plant also shoots in spring way ahead of other tropical clumpers. Rgds
rfgpitt
Location info: 24

Post by rfgpitt »

Fred,
I won an Indocalamus victorialis from Jim via the auction..... It took a long time to get from MS to PA with UPS ground (not sure of ship date), but it was a decent plant in good health. Taller than I expected for a 1 gallon. If it does get taller than I.t. here in a colder zone 6, then I'll be happy.

(he sent a nice little Bamboo Plantation pen too)

Enjoy,
Rick
CJ_IS_HERE

Re: RE: Anyone know where I can find...

Post by CJ_IS_HERE »

mantis wrote:I have one that I was going to send Bill, but then it put up two huge shoots, so I am waiting until they branch out, then I'm going to divide and send one of them to Bill. The other I'll put in the ground.

I can't believe how early it put up shoots this spring. It definitely surprised me. Like boonut said, it definitely isn't rare.
Well thanks for teasing me :) Thought a division offer was coming ... no worries.
Blessings,
CJ
New business Venture
come take a look
www.2plus7.com/CJClute
mantis

Post by mantis »

LOL. Sorry. I'll tell you what... If it shoots again this summer and I can make another division I'll send you one.
mantis

Post by mantis »

Today I took my 4 culm Kimmei and divided it 3 ways. The 2 culm division is going to bambooweb, and if either of the other two plants survive I'll send it your way. Don't hold your breath though because the 2 single culm divisions are both young culms that just finished branching out. I topped them pretty short, and hit them with Super Thrive, so hopefully one will survive. I should know in a couple weeks.

-mike.
mantis

Post by mantis »

All 3 divisions are still alive, so it is looking promising. I'll wait a couple more weeks and then box them up and ship them out.
shuboo

Post by shuboo »

Mantis, do you recommend using Super Thrive when dividing all boos or just certain types? I've never used a root hormone but if it increases the survivability I'm all over it. What other products do you use when dividing?
-shu
mantis

Re: RE: Anyone know where I can find...

Post by mantis »

shuboo wrote:Mantis, do you recommend using Super Thrive when dividing all boos or just certain types? I've never used a root hormone but if it increases the survivability I'm all over it. What other products do you use when dividing?
I only used it this time because the culms I divided out were extremely new, so they needed any/all help they could get. The only other product I've ever used is just a powdered rooting hormone when doing culm node cuttings.

I'm really not the one to talk to about this though because I am still pretty new to the dividing/cutting game, so I am still learning myself.
marcat
Location info: 28

Post by marcat »

Shuboo SuperThrive is like giving them vitamins not rooting hormone but it does help. I usually use "root Stimulator" (a Green Light product I think) which is a mild form of rooting hormone on divisions. For cuttings I use a strong Root Hormone.
MarCat
boonut
Location info: 20
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

Post by boonut »

Hi Marcat,

I was just looking at your location. You aren't that far from here. I visit that area from time to time and go through Victoria on the way to visit relatives in Kentucky.

Send me your phone number via private message and I will give you a call next time I head up that way. Looks like about 3 hours or so.
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

http://www.boonut.com