Anyone know where I can find...

Moderator: needmore

boonut
Location info: 20
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

RE: Anyone know where I can find...

Post by boonut »

Just added your place into my Tom Tom. It says 5 hours 20 minutes... but, the mileage to Seadrift is only 211 miles.
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

http://www.boonut.com
shuboo
Location info: 0

Post by shuboo »

Oh ok. I read an add for SuperThrive and they were so busy boasting about all the wonderful results it produced they forgot to tell you exactly what it is. I know the inventor, Dr. John A.A. Thomson won a Lifetime Achievement Award from Lawn and Garden Marketing. The only reason I know this is because I am currently reading the add on the back page of my Garden Center magazine. He he. You are correct though at the bottom of the page you can buy it direct from Vitamin Institute. Wow, this stuff sounds amazing! I just might eat some of this stuff myself. Is it really as good as they lead one to believe?
-shu
boonut
Location info: 20
Location: Harlingen, TX Zone 10, Sunset Zone 27. 33' above sea level. 27 inches of rain/year. 22 Miles to the Laguna Madre. 27 miles to the Gulf of Mexico. 17 miles from Mexico. Lower Rio Grande Valley - Deep South Texas

Post by boonut »

I have used it over the years... definitely makes a difference with potted plants, divisions and a little to the rooting hormone mix for cuttings.

You do have to be careful when using all of the mixes... if you over do it, you can cause a quick death. Just a little lovin'...
Allen D. Aleshire
Bamboo Nut Farm

http://www.boonut.com
CJ_IS_HERE

Re: RE: Anyone know where I can find...

Post by CJ_IS_HERE »

mantis wrote:All 3 divisions are still alive, so it is looking promising. I'll wait a couple more weeks and then box them up and ship them out.
That would be very kewl Mantis... thanks... let me know what I owe ya... or can send ya :-)

CJ
Blessings,
CJ
New business Venture
come take a look
www.2plus7.com/CJClute
bepah
Location info: 36
Location: Brentwood CA The rumor is that we are 9b...I think 10a

Post by bepah »

There was a long discussion last year on the Palmtalk website that discussed the pros and cons of Superthrive.

Some folks can't live without it, some thought is was a total ripoff (price/performance). Check out the discussion there and maybe it will enlighten you.

BTW, I uses a 9-3-9 fertilizer and compost mulching and seem to do OK without spending a ton of money, I guess.

Good reading.
shuboo wrote:Oh ok. I read an add for SuperThrive and they were so busy boasting about all the wonderful results it produced they forgot to tell you exactly what it is. I know the inventor, Dr. John A.A. Thomson won a Lifetime Achievement Award from Lawn and Garden Marketing. The only reason I know this is because I am currently reading the add on the back page of my Garden Center magazine. He he. You are correct though at the bottom of the page you can buy it direct from Vitamin Institute. Wow, this stuff sounds amazing! I just might eat some of this stuff myself. Is it really as good as they lead one to believe?
John Case
Rookie Gardener
Veteran Drinker
'Circular logic works because circular logic works!'
mantis
Location info: 22

Post by mantis »

CJ_IS_HERE wrote:
mantis wrote:All 3 divisions are still alive, so it is looking promising. I'll wait a couple more weeks and then box them up and ship them out.
That would be very kewl Mantis... thanks... let me know what I owe ya... or can send ya :-)

CJ
I have a friend that needs a Buddha's Belly. How about if I send you the kimmei, and then next spring you send her a Buddha's Belly (If you have any small ones that are shippable). I'd rather her wait until next spring to plant. Deal?

I need your address, as I'm planning on boxing these up and shipping them on Monday. The forecast is supposed to be for cooler weather next week (lower 90's as opposed to 100+).

-mike.
CJ_IS_HERE

Post by CJ_IS_HERE »

Sounds good to me :-) I'll PM the address shortly.
Thanks
CJ

I'll have all sizes in planters - half gal tp 20. Have 3 large field divisions in the ground too from a friend that moved out of FL... dont know if they will endure the chill here to prodice anything like the 2+ inch cilms he sent me... but time will tell.
Blessings,
CJ
New business Venture
come take a look
www.2plus7.com/CJClute
mantis

Post by mantis »

FedEx: 468899110074908

Scheduled delivery of 8/28/08

:D
CJ_IS_HERE

Post by CJ_IS_HERE »

Sounds good... may have to work from the porch that day to make sure shes A ok :-)

Let me know when and where and what size to send out. Thanks again.
Blessings,
CJ
New business Venture
come take a look
www.2plus7.com/CJClute
CJ_IS_HERE

Post by CJ_IS_HERE »

:-) Tomorrow is early Christmas ... haha Love new additions to the family... Thanks again Mantis!!
Blessings,
CJ
New business Venture
come take a look
www.2plus7.com/CJClute
mantis

Post by mantis »

Today is Christmas for me too... when I woke up this morning a Fishtail Palm was waiting for me in my driveway.

About 2 months ago I went to a plant sale, but didn't have room to bring the palm home with me, so a friend kept it at his house. Last night he dropped it off at 1:30 am. :D
Roy
Location info: 6
Location: Tampa, Florida, USA,............Florida's SunCoast <Zone 9B-10A>

Post by Roy »

mantis wrote:Today is Christmas for me too... when I woke up this morning a Fishtail Palm was waiting for me in my driveway.

About 2 months ago I went to a plant sale, but didn't have room to bring the palm home with me, so a friend kept it at his house. Last night he dropped it off at 1:30 am. :D
So, what you are saying is that your friend got tired of keeping it? :lol:
--------------------------
Roy Rogers
Southern Tampania de la Floridana Universidad (STFU)
STFU Motto: All Bamboos are not Created Equal; @ STFU, the Search Continues
:wave: ROY'S BAMBOO LIST
mantis

Post by mantis »

Roy wrote: So, what you are saying is that your friend got tired of keeping it? :lol:
Not at all. He lives on the north side of town, and I'm on the south west. He occasionally does work on my side of town. Last night he had to drive past my neighborhood to get to his job site, so he threw it in his van and dropped it off for me. :P
CJ_IS_HERE

Post by CJ_IS_HERE »

Nice... I have to dash out and get some soil for the new arrival... not here yet... but prepping...lol
Thanks again Mantis

I have several cold hardy palms on the way too
Blessings,
CJ
New business Venture
come take a look
www.2plus7.com/CJClute
Bamboo Outlaw
Location: We are less than one hour south of downtown Houston. We are located in Wild Peach, Texas located half way between Brazoria and West Columbia. Exit hwy 36 onto County Road 354. Take County Road 353 west . Go approximately 2.4 miles. We are on the left.

Post by Bamboo Outlaw »

Roy, I think you still hold the record for keeping my "B. Textilis Vittata" :wink:
Steve Carter
Carter Bamboo
http://www.carterbamboo.com

cell (979)665-1897
Brazoria, Texas