Post by Bamboo4me »

Does anyone want to trade some Dulcis and or Atrovaginata for:
Ph. heteroclada (solidstem; water bamboo) 15 gallon
Pleioblastus viridistriatus (Dwarf green stripe) 5 or 15
Pleioblastus distichus 15 gallon
Pleioblastus Shibuyanus Tsuboi- 5 gallons
Henon just potted (15 gallon)
Others:
I drive around most of the SF Bay area and northern California, up as far as Chico, CA. So I could pick up and deliver.
I'd like to go larger sizes as I'm making these part of my eating group!
If it's close enough and I can get a good chunk, I'll do the digging also.
40+ varieties; trying to stay close to that until I get them all in the ground. 1 + acre to grow on. 30 in the ground!
tomgun
Location info: 0

RE: Looking for Ph. Dulcis and Atrovaginata (Incense) in N.

Post by tomgun »

I'll be digging up more Sweet Shoot than you'll probably want, and the Incense is getting pretty bulgy, ready to split. I was thinking of digging/splitting in November, unless you think it should be sooner. I have the whole Thanksgiving week off.

I haven't been on here a while and don't remember if I mentioned I have a huge pot of Big Node all ready to go that I didn't notice when you came by. We don't have to dig for it.

I also have a huge Glauca pot, as well as smaller, healthy starts for you or anybody else that wants.

Tom
Bamboo4me

Post by Bamboo4me »

Hi Tom,

Yeah any time you want to dig or split, let me know. I decided that I'd go for the eating varieties now.
I know you have tons of Bamboo, but I feel bad not giving you anything you might want. (I have Ph. nigra Othello- very rare, not to many have this type.) Turns black fast, max at about 1 inch and 20 feet. nice small green leaves. runs and clumps- usually puts up 3 culms together. Just trying to think of something you don't have and I do.? How about Beer? What kind do you like? Or other beverage?
I could probably also dig a chunk of my Drepanostachyum
falcatum, which is now called Himalayacalamus hookerians (Himalayan Blue) or Teague Blue. It's looking very cool now with the blue culm and red nodes. Let me know. I'm ready whenever. Unless I have to go out of town like this Thursday. My friend loves her Temple Bamboo you gave me.
Ken
40+ varieties; trying to stay close to that until I get them all in the ground. 1 + acre to grow on. 30 in the ground!
tomgun

Post by tomgun »

You have some interesting ones. If available, I'd be interested in that black, the big-leaved one, and did you say you have some Walking Stick? Otherwise, I'm just trying to get rid of extra so I can landscape the rest. I'm not making it easier on myself by giving in to temptation when I see something unique.

I was waiting for some rain and instinctively think autumn and winter are dormant times to cull and dig. I know bamboo doesn't make that much difference. We'll find a weekend that fits.

I'm glad the Temple worked out.

Tom
Bamboo4me

Post by Bamboo4me »

I'm going to re-pot my Indocalamus T. into a 40 so I'll get you a nice chunk from it. It did a partial flower, but I heard that is common for this. It is super heathy. I have 2 foot leaves. My Walking stick isn't quite big enought to cut out yet, but I'm looking for a big chunk from another source. I'll dig a chunk of my Othello next trip to Chico. I'll get you mostly new culms so you have a lot of energy in the Rhizomes.
I'm trying to grow some of the seeds from the Indocalamus now, but I'm not sure they are viable. 6 days so far in the perlite method.