DC/Maryland pickup

Moderator: needmore

Steve in France
Location info: 0

DC/Maryland pickup

Post by Steve in France »

We have the new place which is great , but space for Bamboos is limited. I am going to plant out my Timber Bamboo and need to sell two other Bamboo. The Bamboos were from Brad Salmon, and I do like both of them very much.
I have one 15 gallon Nigra to go and the 25 gallon Harbin Inversa also. Both will need to be picked up as they are very big plants in big pots. I don't need an exchange of Bamboo as I'm up to my limit for Boos, so I'm open to offers for the plants.
There are also a few Musella Lasiocarpa and Tetrapanax ' Sterodial Giant' that could be divided. There is a four year old Ensete Superbum . I'm cutting back on Exotic plants so I have more room for Bamboo and aquatic plants.
When I divide the Musella and Tetrapanax it will be possible to mail them out , but I would need a little time to make sure the divisions are stable and growing before I'd be happy to mail them.
Many Thanks
Steve
p.s. Anyone can feel free to call ,unless there is total Kid chaos here it will be fine to chat.
The new number is 301 230 2678 , I think I sent the wrong number to Mark the other day , sorry :?
Last edited by Steve in France on Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Always experimenting to get Timber Bamboos Timber size :-)
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Re: DC/Maryland pickup

Post by ghmerrill »

Hey Steve- PM me on the Tetrapanax!
Steve in France

Post by Steve in France »

PM'ed
I think there are about ten Tetrapanax, they do not like being divided but most should live. There a few tall ones in select gardens around D.C., should be hardy to zone 7, if top killed they will come back from the roots normally.
There are many Musella Lasiocarpa and they don't much care if they are divided they just keep growing.
Musella Lasicarpa is the flowering relative of the Banana, they need Winter protection or indoor growing in the Winter.
Tetrapanax 10 dollars plus postage
Musella 7.50 or 5 for a bunch of them, plus postage
Postage is whatever the post office charges me , so sometimes 3 dollars sometimes 6 or so depending on weight and size of box.
Thanks
Steve
Always experimenting to get Timber Bamboos Timber size :-)
BooNanners

Post by BooNanners »

Steve, if your need for space becomes pressing I can store your bamboo for you in my garden until you find a place for them. :)