Can anyone spare a piece of mature moso rhizome?

Moderator: needmore

stevelau1911
Location info: 42

Can anyone spare a piece of mature moso rhizome?

Post by stevelau1911 »

I already have more moso than I can plant, but they are all in their juvenile form and still clumping so I'm interested in getting some of the mature form just to see how they look side by side. I'm only after having one good piece of rhizome that has good roots, viable buds and likely to survive. I just want to see a tiny version of the mature plant :lol:
I also don't know if I can trust ebay sellers. I'm also interested in rhizomes of any bamboo species that I do not have.

I am willing to either buy or trade.(1qt-1gallon juvenile mosos, .2-2gallon heterocladas, vivax rhizomes, f rufa, f nitida, rubro rhizome, Bissetii rhizome, zebra grass seeds, gunnera, peony rhizome, ect),+ more species I'm still waiting on if they are dividable.

This is for once we get a warm up since temperatures have been brutal the last few weeks.
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Re: Can anyone spare a piece of mature moso rhizome?

Post by ghmerrill »

sorry to break your soap bubble, but once you get one growing from a rhizome, its going to be juvenile form.... until the plant has time and size established, you arent going to see the mature charicteristics.... :shock:
time heals all wounds though... in 10- 15 years, you too can enjoy the mature characteristics! :santa: