Phyllostachys edulis

Moderator: needmore

Brian_K
Location info: 0

Phyllostachys edulis

Post by Brian_K »

Im looking for some edulis. Does anyone know if the seedlings are actually moso? A legitimate division from a grove would be betterm but I would go for a seedling too.
fredgpops
Location: plus 700ft in the Santa Cruz Mtns, 8 miles from the Pacific
35 miles S. of San Jose

Re: Phyllostachys edulis

Post by fredgpops »

Have a plant from Steve Lau. Willing to part from it. Steve may be able to answer your question. Rgds
stevelau1911
Location info: 42

Post by stevelau1911 »

This is my P edulis that I planted in 2008 which I will be willing to take divisions off by fall once it starts running a little bit.

These are my heterocladas in the front and the larger ones are the p edulis seedlings in the back that might have some leaf burn, but not that big of a deal. These are available now. I can ship them with most of the heavy dirt removed and put them in a bag with lighter potting mix.

I'll probably be running 3-4 rhizomes into some pots this summer off of my P Parvifolia depending on this year's performance.

Here's my F robusta which I plan on getting digging up if anyone wants it. It along with P vivax are very cold sensitive in zone 6.

Fredgpops, are the rest of your P nigras shooting yet? If it is supposed to make a huge flush of shoots I might have to up it to a 15 gallon before it shoots. I'm hesitant in planting it in the ground since my p nigra henon gets quite a bit of leaf burn. I also have no idea how vigorous this species is.
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Post by ghmerrill »

Hey Steve,
Pm me and let me know what you want in trade for that robusta, if, it looks like its alive down below....
Brian_K

Post by Brian_K »

Sorry for the delay. I just got hired on for a job working with semen! Not what you think. Cattle genetics actually.

Anyways, those potted edulis look fantastic and I would leap at the chance to get some parvifolia. I will send a PM. Thanks everyone!