Clumpers to swap

Moderator: needmore

boolover
Location info: 0

Clumpers to swap

Post by boolover »

I have the following bamboo in pots to swap. All of these were in the ground before I put them in pots about 4 months ago. They consist of:

2 B. ventricosa (Buddha Belly)
3 B. malingensis (seabreaze)
1 B. lako (tropical black)
1 B. clone x

I am looking for a single B. textillis 'dwarf' that's a decent size. All of the above are in 7 gallon or 15 gallon pots. I am located in Hudson, Florida. If interested, you will need to pick these up. Some are 15' tall. Of course, they can be topped.

Please let me know if interested... thanks!
foxd
Location info: 21
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Re: Clumpers to swap

Post by foxd »

boolover, I have a Bambusa vulgaris 'Vittata' growin from a rooted culm cutting that I would be willing to trade for the Clone 'X'. The culm cutting was made last year and is still fairly young, but acts healthy.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
boolover

Post by boolover »

For me, the B. Vulgaris is too cold sensitive. Last winter we got down to below freezing nighttime temps for nearly a month (or so it seemed), and so many of my bamboo looked awful until late Spring. The Lako did not show any life through April, so I cut off all it's dead culms and put it in a pot. About a week later, it put up some survival shoots, and shortly thereafter, it put up some tall skinny canes. It lived, and I'm sure if planted in a warm and wet climate, it will do well. It is my understanding that the vulgaris is similar in cold sensitivity as the lako, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, thanks for the offer, but I must turn it down...

Boolover
shuboo

Post by shuboo »

I would consider buying the malingensis from you. I have a few B. Text. 'RG Dwarf' but I won't be dividing them till late spring. Would you consider selling the B. malingensis?
-shu
boolover

Post by boolover »

Shu,

Just found a home for the Malengensis as well as some others over this past weekend. But, I have some others in the ground that I may dig up after this winter depending on how they do. The last 2 winters were really hard on these. Temps up here are about 7 degrees (or more) colder than you when it really gets down. Thanks for asking.
shuboo

Post by shuboo »

Ha, a day late and a dollar short. No worries. If you do decide to do some diggin' just let me know. Thank you.
-shu