BAMBOOWEB.INFO
It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 4:45 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:37 am 

So its rhizome running season here again... I plan to harvest and trade more leptomorph bamboo rhizomes this coming spring (starting in March). This is a great way to expand our bamboo collections, and I have had great success with these rhizome trades in the past. Probable rhizomes to trade will be: Phyllostachys timbers: vivax and vivax Aureocaulis, moso, henon, iridescens, nigra, nigra Daikokuchiku (yes, its is 2x the size of standard black), nigra Bory, rubromarginata and a more cold hardy strain of bambusoides Castillon. Phyllostachys mid-size: aurea, aurea Koi, aurea Holochrysa, aureosulcata, aureosulcata Alata, aureosulcata Harbin, aureosulcata Harbin Inversa, and nuda. Hibanobambusa: tranquillans 'Shiroshima'. I may also have some Ph. vivax 'Huangwenzhu' but it may have reverted to vivax (not sure yet). I also have sizable Pseudosasa japonica, Pleioblastus gauntlettii and Semiarundinaria fastuosa to harvest rhizomes from. Oh, and I will have Chimonobambusa marmorea and quadrangularis rhizimes as well. They need to be re-potted. I may also have some Ph. viridis Robert Young and Ph. Atrovaginata as well, depending.

I am only interested in boos that survive down to 5 degrees F. I live at elevation on the west slopes of the Cascades, and we get a lot of snow and cold weather here. I am particularly interested in rhizomes of the following types of boos:

Ph. arcana 'Luteosulcata'
Ph. bissetii (type or dwarf)
Ph. decora/ AKA: Ph. mannii 'Decora'
Ph. humilis
Ph. nigra 'Hale', 'Othello', 'Megurochiku', or 'Tosaensis'
Ph. nuda 'Localis'
Semi. makinoi
Semi. lubrica
Semi. yashadake 'Kimmei'
Chimonobambusa tumidissinoda /AKA: Qiongzhuea tumidissinoda (yah, its not that cold hardy, but I have a greenhouse set up for my Chimonobambusas).

No trades outside of the USA. Sorry. The US live bamboo import quarantine is still in effect, last I looked. Yes, it is early to think about this stuff, but if I wait I will forget until it is June again... and too late.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 4:33 pm 

I will digging some bissetti, Kimmea and some sold to me as Decora, but I am not sure of. Interested in Diakochiku and hardy Castillion.