BAMBOOWEB.INFO
It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:05 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:48 pm 

I am going to be helping a friend with a large planting project, and so am in need of a number of plants. She is looking for phyllostachys nigra, edulis, and bambusoides. Since I also would like these, I am looking for as many plants as possible. I do not want rhizomes, I need actual plants, but they can be small plants. The size doesn't matter, I just need a bit of culm attached with each. I am willing to trade anything in my collection, buy the plants, or take requests for trades. I tried getting these through other means, but they are bloody hard to find at low prices, so I hope to have some luck here. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:01 am 

All those species should not be that hard to get if you take a drive around. I do remember that there are a few bamboo collectors here on this forum from California, and those are 3 very common species that you should be able to get a hold of very easily.

It is possible for my to send you a small moso, and nigra. Nothing well established yet. Maybe even a moso bicolor once it produces like crazy, but I won't be able to fit that much into a large flat rate box so its best to check locally. You may be able to find some groves on a drive around various neighborhoods or visiting the nearest zoo. It may even be available at the parks or craigslist. Since your climate is a zone 9, you might even be better off growing some giant tropical clumping bamboos in the bambusa genus.

http://stevespeonygarden.blogspot.com/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 12:15 am 

Hey Steve, thanks for the quick response. I will take your advice and keep checking around locally, but your offer is also very tempting. I will check around a few more places, and if I am having absolutely no luck, I will be sure to take you up on the offer. Thanks again.