Looking for any kind of temperate bamboo seeds

Moderator: needmore

vindiesel.zmaj
Location info: 0

Looking for any kind of temperate bamboo seeds

Post by vindiesel.zmaj »

I'm looking for any kind of temperate bamboo seeds, except moso seeds. Will pay for it and shipping costs. PM me to make a deal. Thank you!
KhunDieter

Re: Looking for any kind of temperate bamboo seeds

Post by KhunDieter »

You can get seeds of some temperate bamboo species from Khun Sam, http://thai-bamboo-seeds.blogspot.com , either on a bamboo seed exchange basis or purchase.
Tarzanus

Post by Tarzanus »

What's with that Spectabilis seeds that are sold on this website? Did Spectabilis start flowering? Seeds are viable? Hard to believe...
KhunDieter

Post by KhunDieter »

"Seeds are viable? Hard to believe..."
Seeds of all 4 Phyllostachys species mentioned in this website are viable and germinated at a sufficiently good rate, and I don't need to believe this as I have the proof.

"What's with that Spectabilis seeds ...? Did Spectabilis start flowering?"
The seeds are from China, and I was not engaged in harvesting these seeds, and had not the opportunity to see the plants in flower, or before flowering. As mentioned in another post
http://www.bambooweb.info/bb/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=6992
the flowering species might be Phyllostachys arcana and not P. aureosulcata.
I generally distrust any bamboo identification from horticultural and similar sources from China, and if you want have proof of an identification, you may attempt identifying the seedlings raised from that seeds by yourself, which might yield results when the plants are near to maturity in a couple of years. I think there is no other way as DNA data obtained from the seeds are not available.