Wintertime blues... Want to trade plants???

Moderator: needmore

CJ_IS_HERE
Location info: 0

RE: Wintertime blues... Want to trade plants???

Post by CJ_IS_HERE »

Will do Gene... I thk they died :( babied them alot too just cause I was worried the climate change might affect them. Do you recall the list of boo you sent? I have it somewhere... but lost in the shuffle of my recent layoff :) its all good... new chaptr starts soon :-)
Blessings
Blessings,
CJ
New business Venture
come take a look
www.2plus7.com/CJClute
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Post by ghmerrill »

let me look and see if I can find it... unfortunately a few months ago we lost a hard drive on the computer, and thus, all my old emails.......

I learned (after the second hard drive crash in a year) that those wonderfull enclosed tower cabinets that furniture manufaturers sell with computer desks are NOT compatible with real life computers......
CJ_IS_HERE
Location info: 0

Post by CJ_IS_HERE »

agreed... I too lost a bunch of info but after much trickery I was able to backdoor into a HD and retrieve alot. No I have a clickfree backup, usb plug in and walk away...it backs up in less than 2 minutes... 10 or so for the initial backup. 400GB size and well worth the money!! Hint...Hint!!
Blessings, oh Gene I emailed the pics too :)
Blessings,
CJ
New business Venture
come take a look
www.2plus7.com/CJClute
mantis
Location info: 22

Re: Wintertime blues... Want to trade plants???

Post by mantis »

I wrote up aluminum plant tags today for all my bamboos, and just went out to put them on the plants. Holy bajezus some of these plants took off. It's now dark, so I'll have to get pictures tomorrow, but I can safely say that even though a lot of runners don't like the gulf coast, the pleo's are out of control. I am now convinced that at my new property I'm not going to have grass put down, but just put out starts of different pleos. They do absolutely amazing here. 8) 8) 8)
ghmerrill

Post by ghmerrill »

WOO HOO! glad to hear they are going gangbusters! I potted up a 3 gallon pot of each of those ones you sent me... plust 25 one gallon pots of each (rhizome sections). about half have some leaves now, so they did fine in transit, and are growing.... now for the tropicals, different story.... they are JUST now puting out some leaves (except the tuldoides :cry: ). the Ventricosa I got from CJ last year was killed back to stems, but it has a 3' shoot now, and is starting to leaf out on the stems too. This year ALL bambusas are going in the greenhouse! no fun having plants that wont get more than the size they started with :wink:
Alan_L
Location info: 81

Post by Alan_L »

Hey Mantis, I guess you decided to keep the runners after all? There was a thread this winter called "and so ends the runner experiment" or something like that in which you seemed to say you were ripping out all of your pleios. I guess the new property changed your mind. :)
mantis
Location info: 22

Post by mantis »

... and Bingo was his name-o. :mrgreen:
ghmerrill

Post by ghmerrill »

yep, you can tell you have small children! :wink: