Available in Greater Seattle area (too big to ship)

Moderator: needmore

kudzu9
Location info: 0
Location: Greater Seattle, WA, area; Zone 8. Summers:mainly 60's-70's. Winters are rainy, but above freezing except for a few 15 deg F days; 1-2 days of snow max.

Available in Greater Seattle area (too big to ship)

Post by kudzu9 »

I have the following available in about 7 gallon sizes:

Ph. aurea 'Flavescens Inversa'...2 pots, 10'-12' high, each pot is a 2-culm division

Ph. nigra 'Shimadake'...1 pot, 15' high, 2-culm division

Ph. aureosulcata 'Aureocaulis'... 1 pot, 10' high, 1-culm division

I have a few things on my want list, but if you don't have any of those bamboo, I'd be happy to trade for something else, like some day lilies or irises, or...?

Email me if interested.
kudzu9
Location: Greater Seattle, WA, area; Zone 8. Summers:mainly 60's-70's. Winters are rainy, but above freezing except for a few 15 deg F days; 1-2 days of snow max.

Re: Available in Greater Seattle area (too big to ship)

Post by kudzu9 »

I can't believe how hard it's been to find someone interested in these in my geographic area! However, I have now traded away almost everything listed (got a huge box of Yakima Valley white peaches in the last trade!). I have one nice double-culmed pot of Ph. a 'Flavescens Inversa" left. Any takers?
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Post by ghmerrill »

thats 'cause all of us nuts are spread out all over the place!
Jerry Hamilton

Post by Jerry Hamilton »

thats 'cause all of us nuts are spread out all over the place!
Yep, average 6 to 7 hours to any of the places I would like to go for bamboo. Not possible right now , but in time, :mrgreen:
Redneck Bamboo Plantation
Sheridan, Arkansas
kudzu9

Post by kudzu9 »

Jerry-
If you're that far away from bamboo sources, why don't you see what you can get from members here. Take a look at my plant list. If there is something there you're interested in that I have for trade, I'd be willing to send it to you for postage (probably $15 max).
Jerry Hamilton

Post by Jerry Hamilton »

I have one source that is about 2 hours away. I will be checking it out shortly. Been waiting on the weather to cool down first,
cause I know I can't go and not come back with something, more than likely several.

Thanks for your offer will check your list. I have got several plants for different members :D already and more coming at the end of Sept.
Have P.M.ed a couple folks about maybe getting plants already.
Redneck Bamboo Plantation
Sheridan, Arkansas