ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Moderately unusual boos available

Post by ghmerrill »

I have available:

Phyllostachys bambusoides 'Albovariagata'

Fargesia denudata

Borinda Mclureana

looking for plants I dont have, so just check my profile, if its not listed that I have it, I might be interested, so pm me!
needmore
Location info: 0
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Re: Moderately unusual boos available

Post by needmore »

What does your denudata look like? I'm sitting on a couple of Ps longiligula & Phy lithophylla among more usual suspects as well.
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
ghmerrill

Post by ghmerrill »

they are one gallon, not anything like what I sent to dan..... :( if you want a couple, I would be interested in the lithophylla, if its small enough for you to send inexpensively, or if you can take a chunk off it. The longligula that you sent via dan is alive and kicking- sent up a couple small shoots to replace the dead leaves, so I know the rhiozme is still alive. :mrgreen:
kybamboozle

Post by kybamboozle »

Brad,
Do you think the p lithophylla would be hardy in my area? I am only 1/2 a zone warmer than you. Its a beautiful looking bamboo and I would love to trade or purchase some.

Gene - I have semiarundaria "fall red". It should do great where you are if you are interested.

Jennifer
kybamboozle
needmore

Post by needmore »

Well these are in squat 5's so they'll run $40-$50 each to ship your way. That would require a number of 1 gallon Denudata :lol:

Jennifer, it has never wintered over here and remains under 6 feet tall so I doubt that it will do much more for you.
ghmerrill

Post by ghmerrill »

how about part of a squat 5 :?: :?: :?: :lol:
something more along the lines of a medium size flate rate shipping box for $10.35 :wink:
needmore

Post by needmore »

I'm pretty sure that I could not get even the root mass into any size flat rate box, let alone with culms attached.
foxd
Location info: 21

Post by foxd »

Gene, the F. denudata you sent me is doing fine and has re-leafed after its trip. No new shoots yet.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
madman

Post by madman »

Hey Gene,

Any of the bamboos off the original message still available? The borinda sounds interesting. Let me know if I have one your looking for.

Cheers!

Sean

List of what I have is at http://www.madmanbamboo.com/bamboo_list.html
ghmerrill

Post by ghmerrill »

Dan, Sorry to hear the boo lost its leaves! glad to hear that its leafing out for you. probalby wont shoot until spring, it had just started hardening off the shoots fromt this year.

Brad- if you have a chunk of the lithophylla you can remove from a pot, say a culm and some rhizome/rootmass, let me know. I know a large one would be crazy to ship.

Sean,

I have one Mclureana going to Fred, and a denudata going to Jennifer, which leaves 1 Mclureana, and 2 denudatas (unless brad wants one :wink:) also, the Albovarigata. there are a few on your list that I still dont have, but of most interest to me would be violacens. Any possibility there?
foxd
Location info: 21

Post by foxd »

Gene, it only lost some leaves on the trip. I think it has put out more leaves than it lost. Anyway, it didn't cause me any concern.
Southern Indiana.
My Bamboo List.

The legal issues that will arise when the undead walk the earth are legion, and addressing them all is well beyond what could reasonably be accomplished in this brief Essay. Indeed, a complete treatment of the tax issues alone would require several volumes.
needmore

Post by needmore »

Gene, I don't know if the Lithophylla is available in your area, if not I would be willing to ship one without runting & stunting it to save shipping $$ - what might you be able to get/ship in return? I'm thinking that the nursery near you may have some inexpensive Sasa kurilensis that you could use to trade me :bigsmurf:

I started out with a small size one of each form of it and neither has grown a damn in 3-4 years so I'd like a bigger piece to start with.
ghmerrill

Post by ghmerrill »

I checked on the websites of Bamboo Sourcery, as well as Neds and Gibs sites, and none list lithophyla. I know Ned has some odds and ends that never make it onto the website, but you can ask if they have any, but those are usually the plants they dont sell much of. He does have it listed as in thier collection. I would say availability here is limited then. Gaylin and Rosemary Carlile dont have lithophyla in thier collection at all, they are the closest to me, about 1.5 hour drive.

on the plant you want for trade- you want the plain jane form Sasa kurilensis, not the Sasa kurilensis 'Simofuri'?
Ned has both listed for sale, Gib does not have the type form listed. I can check with Rosemary and see if they have any potted up, since they are mostly potting stuff that is from over growth on thier groves, they have a hit and miss selection.... I have been trying to get them to dig me a start of a couple of types that they have, and they never get around to actually doing it :lol:

if you want to do a swap, it would just be me finding the plant you want- so if you want to set a lithophylla aside with my name on it, until I can source your plant, that would be great. besides, might as well prolong the anticipation- I know how much you LOVE to ship :mrgreen:
Alan_L
Location info: 81

Post by Alan_L »

Ah Brad, I was thinking you almost had Gene convinced that a drive to Indiana (with a stop in St. Louis) was necessary!

Gene -- remember that Brad still has that nice big 'Vittata' that is going to bite it this winter. How can you pass that up? :wink:
ghmerrill

Post by ghmerrill »

Alan_L wrote:Ah Brad, I was thinking you almost had Gene convinced that a drive to Indiana (with a stop in St. Louis) was necessary!

Gene -- remember that Brad still has that nice big 'Vittata' that is going to bite it this winter. How can you pass that up? :wink:

I dunno Alan, I would have to fly back there, then rent a LARGE u haul to get all the treasures back here....

now, convincing my wife that we should skip making the house payment to fund my insanity, THAT might take some doing! :blackeye: