bamboos for trade...

Moderator: needmore

ghmerrill
Location info: 26

bamboos for trade...

Post by ghmerrill »

Just updated my list, and have lots to trade, open to any species I dont have already! :drunken:
needmore
Location info: 0
Bamboo Society Membership: ABS - America

Re: bamboos for trade...

Post by needmore »

I saw 6 or more on your want list that I should be able to dig you a piece of, some other maybes' - also on the Pl hindsii, there are multiple forms out there some are butt ugly, the prettiest one I've ever seen Ralph Evans at Bamboo Headquarters had, it looks like a well grown Chimonobambusa marmorea with upright leaves, you might inquire about buying that one versus ending up with an ugly form check to see if they still have the pretty guy.

I had the Pl. pygmaeus 'Ramosissimus' but my S kumusaca ate it alive and I don't know if I still have any but I'd like to find out so I'll let you know, it was nothing special to my eye and no hardier for sure. Also used to have the 2 Pl gramineus and the spiral form - not hardy nor unique in my place so I let them die off.

From memory I should have the Phy lithophylla, S hidaensis murai, Shib lance, few others- remind me later I said this!
Brad Salmon, zone 12B Kea'au, HI
http://www.needmorebamboo.com
ghmerrill

Post by ghmerrill »

Gonna send me another box, and give that gal at the post office a reason to use up all her 1c stamps again? :grin:

Seriously, any you have that I don't, all are "welculm".

the longligula that Dan sent me from your place didn't make it, but the others, flexuosa and and makinoi, I think, did well.
ghmerrill

Post by ghmerrill »

needmore wrote:I saw 6 or more on your want list that I should be able to dig you a piece of, some other maybes' - also on the Pl hindsii, there are multiple forms out there some are butt ugly, the prettiest one I've ever seen Ralph Evans at Bamboo Headquarters had, it looks like a well grown Chimonobambusa marmorea with upright leaves, you might inquire about buying that one versus ending up with an ugly form check to see if they still have the pretty guy.
Really good info... I've only seen it in pots. The one I bought died a unfortunate death by way of a malfunctioning sprinkler :?
needmore

Post by needmore »

Well now that I work full-time in a different direction I'll be using a different country side post office so you may not get the full stamp coverage as before. I'm bored enough that I may dig some this weekend but we'll see.
ghmerrill

Post by ghmerrill »

Well, at least I have the photo of the last one!

If you get a chance to dig, well, Christmas TWICE this year:grin:
needmore

Post by needmore »

Got some dirty fingernails today despite 40F and lots of WIND, packed you a box with some of your wish list, if you PM me your address I'll try to get to the PO on the way to work in the AM.

I can dig some S ramosa chunks this spring if anyone so desires, shipping costs or possible trade let me know. I think a large flat rate USPS is now almost $16? The patch has quietly spread well out of bound and will be mowed so can also dig hunks of sod.

David, the soil is much better than your last batch, let me know if you wanna try again.