Looking for: Vivax black spot & Huangwenzhu inversa

Moderator: needmore

ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Looking for: Vivax black spot & Huangwenzhu inversa

Post by ghmerrill »

Trying to complete "the avenue of the giants :grin: and get all my vivaxes moved to their permanent locations, and add the last couple of forms that I don't have. Anyone got?
David
Location info: 30
Location: Middle Tennessee (Murfreesboro) USDA Zone 6b/7a Record low Jan 1966 -14*F Frost free April 21-Oct.21

Re: Looking for: Vivax black spot & Huangwenzhu inversa

Post by David »

Hello Gene,

Ned Jaquith at Bamboo Garden has Black spot. He calls it Bashania. I have it but nothing that I could ship. I do have Vivax Huanghenzhu Inversa, but I just gave the last pot away. I think I might be able to find a small one to dig but they are about to shoot. So let me look and if I have a small one then you can decide if you want to wait until fall or dig now, or maybe get a potted one from someone else.

Know anyone that has a flowering Kwangsiensis for trade?

Regards,
David
David Arnold
Middle Tennessee Bamboo Farm
USDA zone 6b
ghmerrill
Location info: 26

Post by ghmerrill »

Hey David, thanks! If there is a possible division off it, use your judgment on if it it's too late to dig or not. I can greenhouse it here to make sure the cold is over.

I thought about getting those two species from Ned, but if I can find in trades, much better!

Unfortunately, I don't even know anyone who has kwang..... I have a flowering glauca yunzhu though! :-)
David
Location info: 30
Location: Middle Tennessee (Murfreesboro) USDA Zone 6b/7a Record low Jan 1966 -14*F Frost free April 21-Oct.21

Post by David »

I'll dig you an H.I. then and go ahead and ship. My Black spot has been slow to spread, if fact it looks like a clumper at this point in time. I have Yunzhu and Kwang planted side by side hoping for a cross, but the Kwang seems to be puttering out. We can email about the H.I.
David Arnold
Middle Tennessee Bamboo Farm
USDA zone 6b