Orlando, Florida: Bambusa malingensis

Moderator: needmore

sandiem
Location info: 0

Orlando, Florida: Bambusa malingensis

Post by sandiem »

I am getting ready to cut down my seabreeze in the next few days but feel guilty about it. If anybody is in my area and is interested in taking a few pieces (or the whole thing if you want) send me a message and I'll give you my address.
Attachments
2013-05-25-Bamboo 01 sm.jpg
Alan_L
Location info: 81

Re: Orlando, Florida: Bambusa malingensis

Post by Alan_L »

If someone wants the whole thing, make sure you record that -- I want to see the video! :shock:
sandiem

Post by sandiem »

It's been cut down. I have doused the rootball with herbicides... wonder if that will work.
pokenei

Post by pokenei »

That's too bad... I would keep a few culms if I was you. But, too late now... You've ruined the soil...forever.
johnw
Bamboo Society Membership: EBS - Germany

Post by johnw »

sandiem wrote: I have doused the rootball with herbicides... wonder if that will work.
That's a good question and something I have wondered about for years. Did you use something like Killex (2-4D) or was it Weed B Gon?

Does 2-4D affect bamboos? I have always been of the understanding that 2-4D only affects broad-leafed plants and not grasses. The Japanese use 2-4D to stimulate moss growth in some of their gardens, how they get away with not affecting other plants including bamboos, azaleas etc. is puzzling.........
johnw coastal Nova Scotia